Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Recommended Reading: "The Man Who Fed The World" by Leon Hesser






Dr. Norman Borlaug (1914-2009) is known as the "father of the Green Revolution". Through his work in genetic technology in agriculture, he and his team were able to increase the quantity and quality of food production in developing nations, therefore saving the lives of MILLIONS of starving people!


For his efforts, he recieved the Nobel Peace Prize, the Presidential Medal of Freedom, and the Congressional Gold Medal.


More on Dr. Borlaug's life here:


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Borlaug


Watch a trailer for the documentary on Dr. Borlaug- "Freedom From Famine: The Norman Borlaug Story"


http://www.borlaugdoc.com/



I highly recommend that every American citizen read "The Man Who Fed The World", Dr. Borlaug's biography, written his dear friend, Leon Hesser. A colleague of mine (thanks Gail!) lent me this book, and I enjoyed it so much, I ordered my own copy so I can read it AGAIN!

ORDER IT TODAY! It's ON SALE through the American Farm Bureau Foundation For Agriculture! You will also get an impressive teaching guide for FREE as a part of this sale!

http://www.agfoundation.org/index.php?fuseaction=main.orders

I only wish I would have known more about Dr. Borlaug and his good works while he was still alive, so I could thank him in person for all he did for humanity. I will do my best on my farm to continue his legacy- to help feed the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment