Monday, March 19, 2012

This is My Father's World.

Tomorrow is the first official day of spring! Who's excited!?

We've been enjoying "spring during winter", as one friend called it. This past weekend we did some kite-flying on the farm!

Jeremy provided some guidance in keeping the kites from getting tangled.

The Wee Redhead did her best to keep her Winnie the Pooh kite in the air.  Special THANKS to our Irish friend, Mrs. B., who sent us green shirts and necklaces for St. Patrick's Day!

The Little Boy on the Prairie sat on his sister's sweatshirt and enjoyed some sunshine and kite-watching.

In celebration of the glorious weather we've been having and the time our family has spent on our farm soaking it up, I am posting part of the wonderful old hymn, "This is My Father's World".

"This is my Father's world, and to my listening ears all nature sings, and round me rings the music of the spheres.
This is my Father's world: I rest me in the thought of rocks and trees, of skies and seas- His hand the wonders wrought.
This is my Father's world, the birds their carols raise, the morning light, the lily white, declare their Maker's praise.
This is my Father's world: He shines in all that's fair; in the rustling grass I hear Him pass, He speaks to me everywhere..."


This was written by Maltbie D. Babcock in the early 1900's and was taken from "Devotional Hymns", which, according to a note inside the front cover, was purchased by the Ladies Aid of Edmunds, North Dakota in 1953.  It was a gift to me from Jeremy's Grandma Eberhardt and it is a treasure to me.


Listen to the melody on "Cyber Hymnal" here:

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/t/i/tismyfw.htm

Have a wonderful week, wherever you are in our Father's world!

Sarah :-)

2 comments:

  1. And here in the Arizona highlands we received much needed moisture in the form of 2 feet of snow! How beautiful and refreshing to the soil! Many ranchers are grateful and breathing a sigh of relief for now.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hello there, John! Long time, no see, since our days at NDSU! THANKS so much for your email and for stopping by my blog! Pretty ironic that you got snow down there and we got "spring" (for a little while anyway) up here! Glad you all got some much-needed moisture. Keep in touch! - Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete