Sunday, September 5, 2010

Another North Dakota Fall on the Way

It's Labor Day weekend and I've got family "back home" in Maryland making one last trip to the beach for the year, but here in North Dakota we're getting out the long pants and jackets. The Weather Channel tells me it's going to be 46 degrees tomorrow night...brrrr...

So to celebrate the arrival of fall, here is a collection of random late summer/fall pictures from across south east and south central North Dakota that I snapped in my days as a Farm Bureau field staff.
I am now working part-time off the farm as the coordinator for the Young Farmers and Ranchers Program and enjoying more time with my kiddos, but a part of me misses the quiet evening drives across the prairie to go meet with the wonderful farmers and ranchers in the 13 counties I covered.
They will always hold a special place in my heart and so will the beauty and serenity of the North Dakota landscape.
Stutsman County, ND sunset (nearby one of our fields)...

Hawk in flight, LaMoure County, ND.

Oh give me a home where the buffalo roam. Sargent County, ND.

I honestly can't remember where this was taken. Somewhere between Stutsman and Emmons County, ND.

Stacks of hay bales, Emmons County, ND.
Buffalo calves in the sunset, Sargent County, ND
This was taken during 2006 wheat harvest after sunset on our farm. That's Jeremy climbing into the combine. We're finished wheat harvest this year, just waiting on the soybeans and pinto beans now.


Hope you liked the virtual visit to the prairie.

4 comments:

  1. I love baby buffaloes! My neighbors have 80+ American Bison and right now there are a bunch of calves. My dad doesn't seem convinced that a baby buffalo is a good investment (or pet!) though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You love the prairie like I do Sarah! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I do not know who you are but certainly you're going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!
    Drone inspections in uk

    ReplyDelete